Are you looking for a meaningful employment opportunity where you can make a positive impact? At Holland Board of Public Works, we are a public utility and the services we provide are vital to our community.
Within our organization, these Core Values drive the success of our employees:
- Accountability - We accept and embrace responsibility for our actions.
- Continuous Improvement - We act with purpose to make people and processes better.
- Customer Focus - We set achievable customer expectations and assume responsibility for solving customer problems.
- Employee Fulfillment - We engage intentionally with each other to understand and appreciate our unique work styles and contributions.
- Empowerment - We allow and expect others to use judgment and make decisions.
- Integrity - We deliver on agreed upon actions and commitments. We treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Open Communications - We use patience and active listening skills when communicating with others. We speak directly and clearly state expectations. We are open to suggestions.
- Professional Development - We keep our job knowledge current. We actively participate in educational and learning activities.
- Safety - We promote positive safety culture and actively participate in safety programs.
Like the sound of that? Explore current opportunities and all that Holland Board of Public Works has to offer.
Rewards & Benefits
Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision and a Wellness Program that provides an attractive discount on premiums.
We provide a generous retirement savings plan. Holland BPW contributes a percent of payroll into eligible 401(a) employee retirement accounts on a tax-deferred basis and you have the option to also contribute on a tax-deferred basis. We also offer a Defined Benefit Pension plan, for those who wish to save even more towards their retirement.
Our people are our most valuable asset. Keeping our wages competitive is one of the efforts we put in place to demonstrate how important employees are to us. Periodically, we analyze the market and make adjustments to ensure that our wages are current and appealing.
We encourage and support our employees to pursue professional development. After all, it is one of our Core Values. Receive full compensation for time spent building your knowledge base.
Employees are encouraged to seek educational advancement in their career path. We offer you the opportunity to improve job capabilities through reimbursement of tuition and fees incurred while pursuing approved degree programs.
Performance Pay Program
We have a program to reward employees when we, as an organization, meet our goals. HBPW employees receive a financial reward when strategic goals are met. Measures are in place to track progress. The amount rewarded is determined by overall success towards objectives.
Healthy balance between work and personal life is vital to the well-being of our employees. We foster an environment that allows for the work/life balance that you need to stay happy and healthy.
Paid Time Off
We offer paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO). You begin accruing PTO on your first day of employment at Holland BPW.